Wednesday 25 February 2015

Better Late Than Never

When I became a mother at a young age my priorities changed. I was thrown into adulthood with the responsibility of another person that relied on me completely . The driving force in deciding a career became about what would generate the much needed income I required to raise a child.

Now, 17 years later, my daughter is making her plans to pursue her career as a veterinarian. I am so proud of her. She is a bright, intelligent girl that lights up the room with her smile. Since she was small she held the world in her hands and I knew nothing would stand in her way.

We grew up together, she made me a better person, she showed me the power of love and the real treasures in life.

Our family grew over the years. I married a wonderful man and had two amazing sons. They inspire me everyday. We are blessed with a family strong in love and support. The foundation of life.

I have always said that one day I will publish a book. I have always felt this was what I was meant to do. The day has come when I can make this happen. Better late than never. For better or worse, here I come!

No comments: